QNAP QDA-A2AR 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch SATA Drive Bay
$129.00 inc. GST
Use two 2.5-inch SATA drives in a single 3.5-inch SATA drive bay with RAID support for PC and NAS
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Supports various RAID levels
The QDA-A2AR supports a variety of RAID configurations. Depending on your requirements, you can use the bundled metal pin as disk mode switch tool to select your ideal RAID mode: Individual, JBOD, RAID 0, or RAID 1. Windows® users can use the QNAP External RAID Manager utility to view the RAID group status and disk health information.
1. All the drive data will be cleared upon drive initialization or RAID mode switching with the QDA-A2AR. Ensure that all data is backed up beforehand.
2. Window and Linux PC supports all four modes mentioned above. QTS does not support Individual mode.
3. It is recommended that only drives with identical model numbers and capacities are used to create a RAID 0/1 group because the total storage space will be equal to the size of the smallest drive.
4. The SATA controller of the PC must support port multipliers to recognize two drives in the Individual mode configuration. Consult your system provider and install the latest drivers for your SATA controller.
5. Installing a QNAP disk adapter in another QNAP disk adapter is not supported. (e.g. QDA-A2MAR cannot be installed in the QDA-A2AR.)
6. TR-002/TR-004 RAID expansion enclosures do not support QDA-A2AR/QDA-A2MAR.
External RAID Manager for Windows users
The QNAP External RAID Manager utility allows Windows® users to view the drive status and RAID information of the QDA-A2AR. Firmware updates for the QDA-A2AR can also be managed with the External RAID Manager utility.