QNAP QSW-M804-4C 8-Port Desktop Switch
$1,302.00 inc. GST
Upgrade your network with a 10GbE managed switch
Available on back-order
QNAP QSW-M804-4C 8-Port Desktop Switch
The QNAP QSW-M804-4C is a Layer 2 Web Managed Switch with four 10GbE SFP+ ports and eight 10GbE SFP+/RJ45 combo ports that enables blazing-fast transfer speeds, simultaneous multi-workstation access to large files (ideal for video editing and multimedia), and empowers bandwidth-demanding tasks like virtualization. Supporting Layer 2 switching and providing a user-friendly entry-level network management solution, the QSW-M804-4C is an affordable way for businesses and organizations to fully embrace 10GbE connectivity.
- Includes eight 10GbE SFP+/ RJ45 combo ports. Compatible with 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies to support five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M) using existing cables.
- The QNAP Switch System (QSS) is easy to use and provides an overview dashboard, port management and setting guide, making central network management intuitive.
- Provides Layer 2 management features (such as LACP, VLAN, ACL and LLDP) for IT staff to efficiently control network bandwidth and enhance security.
- One of the few web-managed switches that supports Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP). Easily and efficiently deploy small/medium-scale networks that support expansion, redundancy, and loop prevention.
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet and IEEE802.3x Flow Control in full-duplex mode, the QSW-M804-4C avoids packet loss from unparalleled bandwidth and reduces power consumption for low-speed and inactive connections.
- QSS can be updated with just one click, helping IT staff ensure their network security.
Flexible deployment combo ports and 10GbE / NBASE-T
The 12-port QNAP QSW-M804-4C switch includes four SFP+ (fiber) ports, and eight SFP+/RJ45 (copper) combo ports for connecting different interfaces. With RJ45 interfaces, 10GbE is supported using Cat 6a (or above) cables. Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cables can be used with SFP+ ports for connecting to servers inside a rack. The switching capacity of the QSW-M804-4C is 240 Gbps, guaranteeing the full potential of each port. The QSW-M804-4C is also compatible with 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies to support up to five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M). The SFP+/RJ45 (copper) combo ports provide higher transmission speeds with existing cables. Depending on cable types and their lengths, different speeds can be achieved for faster, more efficient data transfer.
Note: If the distance between the switch and the device is less than 45 meters (148 feet), a Cat 6 cable can be used to achieve 10Gb/s speeds.
Fully embrace High-Speed Networking with QNAP!
From NAS with built-in 10GbE SFP+ and 10GBASE-T ports, or NAS with PCIe slots that support 10GbE network adapters, QNAP has led the industry in 10GbE adoption. Other high-speed network solutions from QNAP include Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE Network Adapters and USB 3.2 Gen 1 to 5GbE Network Adapters. These can all be used with the QSW-M804-4C to create a comprehensive high-speed network environment for boosting the performance of photo/video editing, virtualization, large-file data transfers, and other bandwidth-demanding tasks.
QSS: Intuitive Network Management Software
The QNAP Switch System (QSS) features an easy-to-use Web GUI with value-added functions to simplify network set up and management.
Use the at-a-glance major functions, flat control layers and one-click login to simplify set up and management.
The visual illustration matches physical ports for greater usability.
With the settings guide, status chart reference, online firmware update, learning and management costs are greatly reduced.
Not the right fit? Check out other switch options.
|Dimensions||282 × 384 × 78 mm|
10GbE, 1GbE, 2.5GbE, SFP+
|Network Connections in Total||